15 Jan 2016

Gonzalez: I told Messi he was short, he told me I was bad

Lionel Messi told Alvaro Gonzalez he was "bad" — and the Espanyol defender let him know that he was too short.
Barcelona beat Espanyol 2-0 in the second leg of their Copa del Rey round of 16 clash Wednesday.
The return leg was a much tamer affair compared to the first installment between the two rivals, when Espanyol had two men sent off in a 4-1 loss.

But after Gonzalez had fouled Messi in the second leg, the two were involved in some on-field banter.

"Leo was criticizing me for some things," he told reporters. "I asked him if he thinks I will hurt him, and he said yes.

He told me that I was bad, and I told him he was short. But both accepted it, laughed, and left it at that.

"There's no need to make a big deal what happens on the pitch stays there, and that's it. The best thing about these derbies is the healthy rivalry we have."

Barcelona advanced to the quarterfinals with a 6-1 aggregate win

No comments:

Post a Comment