26 Jan 2016

Picture of a woman six liters of Coke a day, -Unable to stop as doctors warn that her £2,000-a-year habit could kill her

A mum's addiction to fizzy drinks has made her so anaemic she needed three blood transfusions and she now fears her 2,400 calorie-a-day habit could kill her.
Kathy O’Sullivan, 41, from Portsmouth, guzzles six litres of Coca Cola every day – containing a total of 163 teaspoons of sugar and 2,400 calories
Kathy O’Sullivan, 41, from Portsmouth, guzzles six litres of Coca Cola every day – containing a total of 163 teaspoons of sugar - and gets severe withdrawal symptoms which leave her in agony if she doesn't get her fix.

The mum-of-three, who is at an even higher risk as she was born with only one kidney, fears her addiction could kill her but she is unable to stop. She is now pinning her hopes on hypnotherapy.

‘I have tried to stop and go cold turkey. But within hours I am getting cold sweats and shaking', the call centre worker, who has already lost three teeth due to her habit, said. 


'My addiction is shocking and it is ruining my life. I drink six litres every day and always have a bottle with me.'

The divorcee spoke out about her addiction after dancer and former Brookside actress Jennifer Ellison told of how she needed urgent treatment for crippling headaches after giving up an eight a day Coca Cola can habit on ITV ‘s Sugar Free Farm.

‘I was severely anaemic and my midwife said it was because I was drinking Coca Cola instead of eating properly', she said.
Kathy says doctors have told her to quit the habit and drink water instead, but she insists the addiction does not allow her to do that and she needs medical help due to debilitating withdrawal symptom
‘Then shortly after my son’s birth I was investigated for stomach cramps and found out I had been born with only one kidney. Doctors were horrified at the amount of Coca Cola I drank as it was putting a strain on my remaining kidney and causing infections.’

Despite the warnings about the risk to her health Kathy continued drinking Coca Cola – which now costs her around £2,000 a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment