24 Feb 2016

Woman nearly died after leaving rotting black tampon inside her for nine days

Emily Pankhurst thought she was stressed out because of her upcoming university exams but she was actually suffering from toxic shock syndrome.
The University of Canterbury student was in intensive care for three days and has been left seriously ill from the ordeal.

Last month, the 20-year-old accidentally left a tampon inside her vagina for nine days. When she finally realised and removed the feminine hygiene product, it had turned black and was rotting.

Speaking out to warn others of the dangers, Emily said: "When I finally realised the tampon was in me and I pulled it out it was pure black.

"It was obviously coated in bacteria. I wouldn't have known what it was apart from the string.
"It was horrible. I immediately chucked it in the loo, I felt sick."

But just half an hour later, Emily began to feel funny. She felt faint, had slurred speech and her skin became mottled.

What do you call this? Carelessness or being dirty?

No comments:

Post a Comment