24 Nov 2015

8 Year old girl diagnosed with breast cancer. Could be youngest person to ever have the disease

An eight-year-old girl has been diagnosed with breast cancer, in what is thought to be the youngest case ever of the disease.

Chrissy Turner, from Utah, discovered a lump on her chest last month. 

'It was about the middle of October she came to us with a lump on her chest and was scared,' her father Troy told ABC4 Utah News.

To her parents' horror, tests revealed she was suffering from a very rare form of breast cancer called secretory carcinoma.

This type of the disease affects just one in a million people diagnosed with the disease - and Chrissy will now need to undergo a mastectomy.  

'I was scared the first time I knew about it,' she said. 'But I knew I could fight it off and I hope that I can fight it off. 

Both of her parents have suffered from cancer previously.

Culled from Daily Mail

No comments:

Post a Comment