17 Dec 2015

Cop who Raped Woman Handcuffed To Hospital Bed faces 260 years in jail

Two of the black women sexually assaulted by a former Oklahoma City policeman have told how they feared for their lives as he attacked them.

Daniel Holtzclaw, 29, was found guilty of rape and sexual assaults against eight of his 13 female accusers.

Jannie Ligons, one of the victims, told a news conference on Friday: "I was afraid for my life. I kept begging him, 'sir, please don't make me do this.'
"The only thing I could see was my life flash before my eyes and the gun in his holster on his right side."

The grandmother was assaulted after Holtzclaw, who is mixed race Asian and white, pulled her over on 18 June 2014.
She immediately reported him to the police.
Ms Ligons said she was different from other victims in that she didn't have any outstanding warrants or convictions against her.

"He just picked the wrong lady to stop that night," she said.
Holtzclaw was arrested in August last year and fired in January 2015 after about three years on the job.
Another victim, Shardarion Hill, told reporters Holtzclaw pulled her over in December 2013, and she was later taken to a hospital on the other side of town.
Once there, Holtzclaw raped her while she was handcuffed to a hospital bed, telling her to keep still so her heart monitor wouldn't activate.

Ms Hill said: "Me being in the room with the police, not expecting to get violated the way I did, the way I was done, I just couldn't even believe it. I was speechless. I was scared.
"I felt like I was in survivor mode, so I had to do what he was making me do."
The trial heard that another victim, a 17-year-old girl, was raped by Holtzclaw on her mother's front porch.

Jurors were told he raped another victim in her own bedroom, telling her: "This is better than the county (jail)."
Five of the victims plan to sue the city, an attorney said.
The Oklahoma City Police Department said in a statement: "We are satisfied with the jury's decision and firmly believe justice was served."

Holtzclaw was convicted of 18 of the 36 counts against him.
He sobbed and protested his innocence as he was led out of the courtroom in handcuffs on Thursday.
Holtzclaw could face more than 260 years in prison when sentenced next month.

Source: Sky News

No comments:

Post a Comment