9 Jan 2016

Man left with burns after smartphone exploded while he texted his girlfriend

Smart phone exploded in man's hand as he texted girlfriend. Grant Eger was texting his girlfriend when he heard a ticking noise coming from his Sony Xperia T3 phone.

The device then started sparking – before exploding in flames.The 21-year-old supermarket worker spent eight hours in hospital receiving treatment for his burns. Grant, from Newport, south Wales, said: "I was just scrolling through my phone and – as I was scrolling and texting back my girlfriend.  

I heard a little tick noise like something was going on with the phone."When I first started hearing them I didn't know what they were .

I just thought: 'What the hell is it?'"The next thing I knew was a spark shot out the side , they were big so my instant reaction was to throw the phone to the side of my bed.

"It just sparked even more and went up in flames."

No comments:

Post a Comment