14 Jan 2016

Lionel Messi Posts the World's Coolest Selfie After Latest Ballon d'Or Win

Grown men taking selfies into a reflective surface generally isn't advisable. But five-time Ballon d'Or winner Lionel Messi has done it recently and given it's not your average mirror selfie, we'll let him off.
After picking up his latest Golden Ball on Monday night in Zurich, Messi took to Facebook to issue a "welcome home" message to what has almost become his own possession over the last seven years, complete with a picture of the ball itself. Messi, though, was in close proximity and is clearly visible in the reflection of the golden surface.
Golden Selfie
The Barcelona star has won the award back after Cristiano Ronaldo earned it in the two years prior, and he told the media after Monday night's win that he was very proud of his achievement.

He said: "It's a very special moment for me to be back here on this stage winning again, after being there in the audience watching as Cristiano won for two years.
"It's incredible that it's my fifth. Much more than anything I would have dreamed of as a kid.

"I want to thank everyone who voted and my teammates, for without them none of this would ever have been possible. I also want to thank football for everything it has brought me, both bad and good. It has made me grow and learn, always."

90 Mins.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment